“For All Mankind” is an American science fiction drama television series created and written by Ronald D. Moore, Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi and produced for Apple TV+.
The series imagines a world where the global space race never ended. This “what if” take on history from Ronald D. Moore spotlights the lives of NASA astronauts-the heroes and rock stars of their time and their families.
- Genre: Science fiction, Drama, Alternate History
- Created by: Ronald D. Moore, Matt Wolpert, Ben Nedivi
- Network/Platform: Apple TV+
- Release Date: November 1, 2019
- Running Time: 48~76 minutes
- Country of Origin: United States
- Original Language: English
- No. of seasons: 3
- No. of episodes: 30
In an alternate timeline, in 1969 a Soviet cosmonaut, Alexei Leonov, becomes the first human to land on the Moon. This outcome devastates morale at NASA, but also catalyzes an American effort to catch up.
With the Soviet Union emphasizing diversity by including a woman in subsequent landings, the United States is forced to match pace, training women and minorities, who were largely excluded from the initial decades of U.S. space exploration.
Each subsequent season takes place ten years later, with season 2 taking place in the 1980s, and season 3 taking place in the 1990s.
- Joel Kinnaman as Edward “Ed” Baldwin
- Shantel VanSanten as Karen Baldwin
- Jodi Balfour as Ellen Wilson (née Waverly)
- Wrenn Schmidt as Margo Madison
- Sonya Walger as Molly Cobb (seasons 2–3; recurring season 1)
- Krys Marshall as Danielle Poole (season 2–present; recurring season 1)
- Cynthy Wu as Kelly Baldwin (née Hanh Nguyen, before adoption) (season 2–present)
- Casey W. Johnson as Danny Stevens (season 2–present)
- Coral Peña as Aleida Rosales (season 2–present)
- Edi Gathegi as Dev Ayesa (season 3)
- Michael Dorman as Gordon “Gordo” Stevens (seasons 1–2)
- Sarah Jones as Tracy Stevens (seasons 1–2)
- Mason Thames as young Danny Stevens (recurring season 1)
- Olivia Trujillo as young Aleida Rosales (recurring season 1)
|Season||Episodes||First Released||Last Released||Network / Platform|
|1||10||November 1, 2019||December 20, 2019||Apple TV+|
|2||10||February 19, 2021||April 23, 2021||Apple TV+|
|3||10||June 10, 2022||August 12, 2022||Apple TV+|